One of the primary responsibilities of the Barnegat Bay Partnership is to conduct research on issues impacting the ecological integrity of the estuary and to distribute the results of this research broadly. This is accomplished through a variety of methods; some research is conducted by the BBP staff or jointly with our partners, while other projects are funded through competitive Grant-Funded Opportunities (GFOs). The results of these projects appear in peer-reviewed journals, technical reports, newspaper articles, workshops, and invited talks. They are also used to formulate management plans and actions to restore the bay.
Explore below to learn about current science, research, and restoration projects.
- State of the Bay Reports and Conferences
- Current Research and Implementation Projects
- Studies and Reports
- Past and Completed Projects
- Science Workshops and Forums
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance
- Science and Technical Advisory Committee (STAC)
- Science and Technical Advisory Committee Grant Program
If you have a science-related question that remains unanswered, please contact our Program Scientist, Dr. Jim Vasslides, at (732) 255-0472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.