- This event has passed.
April 22, 2019
Earth Day – Monday, April 22, 2019
Here are some ways you can celebrate Earth Day:
- Local acts of gratitude. Help make your community greener by volunteering. Organize a cleanup to pick up trash and dispose of it properly or volunteer with one of our partner organizations.
- Plant a native plant or start a garden. Visit the Jersey-Friendly Yards site to learn more about all the benefits of native plants.
- Invest in reuseable grocery bags and food containers. Drinking from one reusable water bottle removes over 1,000 single-use plastic bottles per year. The average reusable bag has a lifespan equal to that of more than 700 disposable plastic bags. One person using reusable bags over their lifetime would remove more than 22,000 plastic bags from the environment.
- Conserve energy at home. Turning off your lights and electronics when not in use reduces greenhouse gas emissions and saves energy, while saving you money on your utility bills.
- Give your car a “brake”. Walk, ride your bike, use public transport, or carpool to your destination.
- Enjoy the day outdoors. However you decide to show your appreciation this Earth Day, make sure to spend some time outdoors. Discover one of Ocean County’s 27 parks and conservation areas using their interactive Find a Park map.
Connect with Us
Sign up for email or connect through social media.