- This event has passed.
Establishing A Pollution Budget for Barnegat Bay: The Proposed Nitrogen Water Quality Standard
November 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This is the first of three NJDEP information sessions on the development of a nitrogen water quality standard proposed for the Barnegat Bay and its watershed. The water quality standard will be achieved through a total maximum daily load (TMDL) which establishes the nonpoint source load reductions needed throughout the watershed to achieve the target nitrogen water quality standard in the Bay.
These information sessions are informal open forums intended for public participation in advance of proposing the TMDL for formal public comment. The NJDEP is seeking participation from the public, local, county and federal governments, business and industry, civic associations, environmental organizations, academic experts, and other interested stakeholders.
Register here for the session. Attendees have the option of attending in person or virtually.
The event agenda includes the following:
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Recognition & Appreciation of Barnegat Bay Partnership Policy Committee Members
- Highlights of Barnegat Bay 10-Point Plan
- Moving Science into Action: Monitoring, Modeling, and Total Nitrogen Target Overview
- Protecting Barnegat Bay through the TMDL & Ongoing Initiatives
- Timeline, Next Sessions, and Next Step
Connect with Us
Sign up for email or connect through social media.